Pages

jeudi 8 août 2013

Encaustic: my beeswax exploration

Hi all!
It's been quite some time now that i'm lurking at encaustic painting. The layering of wax, the transparant layers, it all looks very appealing. When i saw on the PanPastel Colors facebook page, that encaustic artist Patricia Baldwin Seggebruchs includes PanPastel in her encaustic, i was sold. I had to try!

Coucou!
Cela fait un petit moment que je zieute la peinture encaustique. Les couches de cires, la transparence des couches, cela me paraissait superbe. Lorsque j'ai vu sur la page facebook de PanPastel Colors, que l'artiste encaustique Patricia Baldwin Seggebruchs inclut du PanPastel dans son encaustique, j'étais vendue. Il fallait que j'essaie!




So i started with a visit to a local beekeeper, to get myself some natural beeswax. I learned to play with damar resin, experimented with the different kinds of wax and started some very basic layering, using the tools i had at hand. And here's the result, my very first attempt at encaustic painting.

J'ai donc commencé par une petite visite chez un apiculteur local, pour m'acheter un peu de cire d'abeilles naturelle. J'ai appris à jouer avec de la résine damar, j'ai expérimenté avec différentes sortes de cires et j'ai tenté de superposer quelques couches de manière très basique, utilisant les ustensiles disponibles. Et voici le résultat, ma toute première peinture encaustique.



The background earthy tones are all done with PanPastel. Only the orange and blue accents are done with oil stick. This piece is full of technical flaws and errors, but i love it. Just because i loved the process. So i hope you'll be ok with me posting more of these in the future!

Les couleurs terre du fond sont toutes faites au PanPastel. Seules les touches d'orange et de bleu sont faites au bâton de peinture à l'huile. Cette réa est pleine de fautes techniques et d'erreurs, mais je l'adore. Juste parce que j'adore le procédé. Alors j'espère que vous serez d'accord si j'en mets encore plus dans ce genre dans le future!

17 commentaires:

  1. J'adore le resultat, c'est magnifique! et j'ai vraiement hate de voir plus de tes peintures encaustiques pour m'en inspirer:-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. This is very pretty. I, too, have been intrigued by encaustic painting and hope to give it a try in the very near future. Thanks for sharing your experiment.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Would love to see some videos of this. I have been looking into this also and theres not much out there to watch. Im better at seeing it done. Love the distressing you achieved with this.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I have no idea how you make this but it looks stunning!
    Hugs Frea

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Post away! I am always looking for new techniques to try!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Subtiel, fragiel, emotievol. Heel mooi. Benieuwd naar je evolutie hierin.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Definitely interested here, France! I hope you will post a video so we can "see" the process. Love your first piece! That color just melts my heart!

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. I love the look of encaustic pieces. I've never tried it so it looks fantastic to me!

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. I had never heard of encaustic painting but it looks great, look forward to you doing a tutorial about it ! Please.......

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. This is so pretty! I have been wanting to venture into Encaustic, and have been looking at some of the leaders in the field, such as Robin Luciano Beaty...check her out if you have not yet. She has some videos on youtube. This is so pretty, and I would love to see video from you one day! Great job!

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. yes! I have only tried this once since high school- cant wait to see your progress :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. I would love to see more of this! I have a lot of beeswax - have tried it a bit - but I want to try more, and you are such a good sourse for inspiration. Thanks for shearing.

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. I completely adore this and look forward to seeing loads more in the future, it looks stunning!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Daar zou ik ook heel graag meer van zien want dit is in elk geval al supermooi!!
    Bedankt voor het fantastisch workshopweekend! Heb er 200% van genoten!!
    Groetjes, Linda

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. This is wonderful, it makes me want to reach into the screen and touch it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. Really looks grand France! I would love to touch it too!
    Sandy

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. Looks wonderful! Sorry to be so long between visits, and hope all is well. If this gorgeous piece is any indication, all IS well!

    RépondreSupprimer

Merci pour vos petits mots qui sont pour moi de vrais encouragements! :)
Thanks for your kind words, they're a real encouragement to me! :)