Pages

lundi 12 novembre 2012

That's when i found the solution on ... Pinterest.

Hi all!
My art journal was worrying me. I was under the impression the spine could explode at any time and that is not a sight i was ready to envision. I needed a solution. A solution that would allow me to keep my journal as a... journal but that would prevent the spine from breaking whenever the book was manipulated. And i found a solution: on Pinterest!

Coucou!
Mon art journal m'inquétait. J'avais l'impression que le dos pouvait exploser à tout moment et ça, ce n'était pas un spectacle que j'étais prête à envisager. J'avais besoin d'une solution. Une solution que me permettrait de garder mon journal comme ... journal mais aussi qui éviterait que le dos se briserait s'il était manipulé. Et j'ai trouvé la solution: sur Pinterest!

I love Pinterest and use it to keep track of stuff. So i was thrilled to find this pin, about how Elizabeth Golden saved her art journal by surgery. A couple of photos of my intervention: 

J'adore Pinterest et je l'utilise pour garder la trace de pleins de trucs. J'étais toute contente d'avoir trouvé ce pin, où Elizabeth Golden décrit comment elle a sauvé son art journal par intervention chirurgicale. Quelques photos de mon intervention: 





The spine went from 1/2 inch to 31/32 inch! So not only is it now secured, i also love the look of my Moleskine art journal!

Le dos est passé de 14mm à 25 mm! Donc non seulement le dos est maintenant sécurisé, j'adore aussi le look de mon art journal Moleskine!


My next art journal is still shiny and new. It will be inaugurated in a couple of weeks, then it's spine will look just like it's big brother. Thanks Elizabeth for sharing and thanks... to the first person who thought about pinning this!

Mon prochain art journal est encore tout beau tout propre. Il sera inauguré dans quelques semaines, puis son dos ressemblera à son grand frère. Merci Elizabeth d'avoir partagé ton savoir, et merci à ... la personne qui a eu l'idée de pinner!






Follow Me on Pinterest

3 commentaires:

  1. Fabulous tip! Thanks for sharing. I've re-pinned it as well.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Great tips! That self-adhesive linen binding would be fun to play with!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Great idea - thanks for that. I've used Claudine Hellmuth Sticky Back Canvas (misted and stamped on) to bind a homemade art journal (not my idea, it was taught by Dyan Reavley in a workshop).

    RépondreSupprimer

Merci pour vos petits mots qui sont pour moi de vrais encouragements! :)
Thanks for your kind words, they're a real encouragement to me! :)